Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chasing the bus



This morning on the moto (motor scooters that taxi you around) the driver motions to me that the bus that just passed us on the way to the terminal was the one i was meant to board. wasn’t certain what would await me when we get to the station. A slew of busses with destinations listed in one foot high letters of an alphabet I will never understand state their destinations, but im clueless. A very animated guy sells me a ticket, hands my driver some payoff money, who then turns the bike around until we catch up with the bus, which stops on the side of the road to pick me up. Kind of handy when you run late as often as I do,, but they did gouge the fare: local passengers paid half for the 4 hour ride to battambang.

No comments:

Post a Comment