Friday, December 25, 2009

Sharing is caring.




I offer up some French bread, slightly glazed with something sweet, so its more like a breakfast pastry, to the young girl next to me. She returns the favor by offering me her can of, well im not sure what it is, but the French says boisson au melon. I pull out the fresh dragon fruit, papaya, pineapple and watermelon left over from breakfast. At a rest stop she returns with some kind of dried beef snack, so I produce a big bag of sesame encrusted peanuts. Before getting off the bus, she takes it up a notch, giving me a furry thing, something like a rabbits foot. kind of a sick gift that im surprised its still found in American giftshops. You wouldn’t say, heres a cats foot, or remember our dog?

With nothing left in my bag to produce, I take her photo and offer to email it to her. I put a piece of paper in front of her with a pen and she gives me her phone number. Misunderstanding, or does she not have email? I give her my yahoo address in hopes that she will get in touch so I can send her this image. Her name was Punay, but pronounced with that weird buh sound thats in every word.

No comments:

Post a Comment