Tuesday, December 15, 2009

karaoke=nightlife



Been here most of a week but have not had any late nites yet. I know I'm in Asia, so I should do like the Romans and love singing while the lyrics play over video images that are in not even remotely related to the tunes. It's likely that there will be English tunes in any adequately stocked dj's collection. Surely the classics: Presley, NY NY, and material girl. Quite frankly, I'm just a lil hesitant of entering most of the places I see. All are pretty obviously marked with blinking lights strobes, black-light or other attention getters, but none are at ground level where you can peer in and see if you like the scene. Theyre either in the basement or on the 5th floor of an otherwise vacant office building. Crime doesn't seem like an issue here, but getting in an elevator to find a club that u cant hear from the outside seems a little sketch.

Basically, I push dinner about as late as I can, because it's the lastthing I'm able to do in a day. Especially, if it's a Korean BBQ. After polishing off as many as 15 side dishes of this and that kind of kimchi, seaweed, and pickled stuff, who has energy left. I could try to watch my budjet and go for something in a bowl with noodles for under a fiver, but I figure I've gotta get in as much of the glorious tradition that eating is here. Of course, since its cooked by me, just how authentically Korean is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment