Monday, January 18, 2010

somehow it works




Someone elses opinion about the insane traffic. Really, I thought, as I considered crossing a street with a heavy flow of never ending traffic with no traffic light to aid the timid pedestrian. I watched a Vietnamese guy negotiate his way across, waving to be seen, walking between hundreds of vehicles that just barely miss him. Anywhere else, and this would be the sure sign of a
lunatic. Call belview and tell to bring one of those spiff white jackets that tie in the back. In a few min, he has crossed the street in one piece, but I am not in the least bit encouraged.

I eye the nokbox cafe with floor to ceiling plate-glass windows on the corner overlooking the intersection and decide to sit it out up there for a little while. I will count casualties, and if the number is relatively low, perhaps I will continue in the direction I was heading. Alternatively, I can forget about all my worldly possessions and get a guesthouse on this side of the busy street.

I make the motion of wanting to wash my hands, and I am handed an individually wrapped disposable towel on a plate with ice. whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment