Monday, January 18, 2010

why I don't own a tv




Boring day, spent at kenney brewers coffee, a cross between starbucks and Duncan donuts. Totally lame spot, but I needed their free wifi. Awful Muzak with a kenney g feel. Spent at least 6 hours there, sending out resumes for teaching jobs. Wore me out so that I stumbled home in something of a crummy mood. A drink out with friends, or even maybe some strangers might have fixed things. Instead, headed home, thinking that maybe a shower or nap would perk me up, but I got stuck in front of the tube. When I'd finished the first movie about dumb criminals with a shitty exit stategy, it wasnt too late, maybe just after ten, and thats when i should have pulled myself away. Instead there was something called the beast about a russian tank lost in Iraq, and the Comander who gets crazy on power. By that time, it was past midnight, and I thought too late to wake up the woman who has to let you in and out of the front door. its not a hotel where you dont give a shit about the poor slob who has to man the front desk in the middle of the night. living in a guesthouse, which is just a fancy name for renting some family's spare room means that you wake up grandma every time you come in late. Just when I was on the fence. a will Farrell movie about skaters came on and I was soon hooked on the moronic plot. This pretty much killed any plan to explore, meet and greet, chase wimin or just let the barman your stand in for an actual buddy. Writing the blog, watching asian music videos,
reading the lonely planet about this city, nothing has made me tired, so I watched the carry grant/katherine Hepburn film set in france where everyone is murdered in the pursuit of rare stamps. 4 movies, it's almost 5am and I'm still not even tired enough to close my eyes. But I'll be plenty tired-tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment