Friday, January 15, 2010

warm welcome






One my last day, I get up at 6am to make it back to town which I had not missed one bit, grab my gear and hop the bus to Vietnam. 12 hours on the bus not normally something you look forward to, especially with a case of the shits, but fortunately, they seemed to stop prety regularly before an emergency ensued. Bus cost a mere $13, or about a buck an hour. By the time we pulled into vietnams most populous city, I should have been rested, other than the carpal tunnel in my thumb from tapping this blog into my phone till i ran the batteries dead, but I was still weak from repeated visits to the toilet. this put me not in much of a mood for the throng of people trying to get your attention when everyone got off the bus. I ignored the lot, walking past as if I knew where I was heading, taking the first place I could find. one woman was trailing me, going to follow me to whatever hotel i chose and request her cut. I told her to go away, and she replied in broken, but fully understandable english: Fuck off. i live here, go back to your country. welcome to saigon.

No comments:

Post a Comment